Just as important it is to teach toddlers about hygiene and manners it is equally important to teach them the core values of life. What children learn in their formative years stays with them for the rest of their lives. As parents, the onus is on us to impart the right values to our children before they step out into the big bad world.
Here are five core values that every child must know.
- Honesty: While it is really easy to lie and get away, you must encourage your child to always speak the truth. They must be made to understand that lies will have consequences which are not nice.
- Fair play: It is natural for kids to get angry and jealous with their playmates and often destroy a favorite toy or a sand castle in a fit of rage. As parents, it is your duty to help them identify the emotion and make amends. It is up to you to teach them to be fair; teach them that if they are unfair they must make amends and behave proactively in future.
- Will Power: Teach children determination. Instead of praising them excessively for any initiative they take, give them an honest feedback in a kind and supportive manner and encourage them to do better next time. Children like to be praised and they will learn to push themselves to do better with the right support and feedback.
- Gratitude: Teach your little ones the importance of being grateful for all things good in their life. They must understand that a mere thank you is not enough; it must be genuinely felt for a more satisfying feeling within.
- Love always: Love your child not only in your actions but also says it often. A child who is well loved will share the same love with all its surroundings and people around.
Children learn seeing us, hence be the role model of the values you want your child to emulate. For products related to children of all age groups don’t forget to look up doodlebuckets.…